Zotero is a free, open source program that allows users to collect, organize, cite, and share research sources. Users can add sources from the web, manually by uploading local computer files, or by typing the information into the program. There is a large library of citation styles developed and coded by users as well as an active forum where users can collaborate on the Zotero website.
What You Can Learn From This Guide
- Automatically and manually adding sources to a Zotero library
- Retrieving metadata for sources
- Organizing sources into folders
- Adding notes and tags to sources
- Sync your data with the cloud via a Zotero account
- Incorporate Zotero sources into word processing documents through bibliographies and in-text citations