What is Jing?
Jing is a freely available piece of downloadable software that allows the user to select a portion of their computer screen to capture either a screen shot image or up to five minutes of video. It also allows the user to easily edit images by adding arrows, boxes, or text.
The user can then share their images and videos easily via screencast.com, or save the images and videos to their private computer.
Jing will also save your previous images and videos in it's history section.
*Please note that saved videos will be in .swf format and therefore not easy to share. If you intend to share your video using the screencast.com URL is your best option.
View the video below to discover how to download and use Jing.
Video credit: Alex Goddard Help Me Market (2014, January 29) Jing how to download and use Jing free screen cast soft wear [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcM_G8autgQ
How to Download Jing
Downloading Jing is easy and very fast.
- First visit the Jing webpage via TechSmith.
- Then select the blue "free download" button.
- This will lead you to a screen where you will select the button for the make of your computer, either Windows or Mac.
- Follow the prompts that will appear. You may have to save or open the download for it to begin.
- When Jing is completely installed a small, round, yellow ball will appear on the side of your computer screen.
- See boxes below for more assistance.
The Jing Ball
Look for a similar icon on the side of your computer's screen.
When hovered over, Jing will show the three options.