Welcome to the research guide for patristic exegesis! Here you will find resources to aid your research in early Christian biblical interpretation. Most of the sources in this guide cover the patristic period from the New Testament to approximately 750 C.E. This guide is divided into five resource categories, listed in the tabs above:
- General References: Comprehensive reference works in Christianity for finding out basic information about a person or topic.
- Specialized References: More in-depth reference books on patristics and biblical interpretation for further research.
- Databases: Online databases for journal articles, chapters in books, and other materials on patristic exegesis.
- Journals: Scholarly journals that publish articles and book reviews on patristic exegesis.
- Websites and Blogs: Resources for full text of patristic writings and blogs about new publicatios and resources.
This is a work in progress. Please feel free to direct any questions or comments to your Library Guide!
Left sidebar: wikipedia.org
Amazon.com: Dictionary of Biblical Interpretation, Encyclopedia of the Early Church (photo by Hossein Mashhadi), Handbook of Patristic Exegesis
American Theological Library Association: ATLA Religion database
Barnes & Noble: Encyclopedia of Early Christainity, Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church, Patrology
Brill: Vigiliae Christianae
Eerdmans: The Church's Bible
InterVarsity Press: Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture
Johns Hopkins University Press: Journal of Early Christian Studies
Oxford Journals: Journal of Theological Studies