Copy & Paste From Word - aaaahhhh!!!
Why would I want to link a box or page?
Linked boxes/pages mean you only have to update information in ONE place. Think of the time savings vs. having to go to each page in each guide and update the same information. (Talk about a time suck – ugh!)
Did you know you can also link links? You can create a list of links in a guide – like a list of links into your subscription databases – and reuse those links in your guides. That way, if a link ever changes, you only need to change it on that original guide and it changes everywhere in your system!
To reuse a link:
- Add a link box to your page.
- Click Add a New Link.
- Click the Reuse Link tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose a guide to search in to focus your search results…especially helpful when searching for a database link – just search the database guide!
- Type in the name of the link.
- Choose the appropriate link.
- Change the description, if you’d like. (optional)
- Click Reuse Link.
What's the difference between linking a box and copying it?
- Linking creates a bond between the two boxes. You can only edit the original box and any edits you make there will automatically carry over to the linked boxes.
- Copying creates just that - a copy of the box on your page. There is no binding link between the two, so you can edit each box independently of the other.
- Create a new box
- Choose "Link to another box..."
- Choose the guide & box you want to link.
- Click Create box.